Saturday, 5 July 2014

Hi Lovely (new SSS goodies!)

Hi Lovely
Hey!

Happy weekend! It's a super sunny one here in Sheffield. :)

I'm playing catch up with this week's CASE Study. It's a few days late, but if there's a chance to CASE our new muse this month then I'll make it happen! So who is the muse I'm so happy to be able to CASE? None other than Shari Carroll!

So get set, and get ready to be inspired by this card of Shari's:

Check out the original post of this card here.

I love Shari's background and that prompted me to get out a stencil and play with my embossing paste. The general layout has been CASEd too.

Hi Lovely Close Up
Seeing as Shari is the Creative Director/Product Manager for Simon Says Stamp it seemed rude not to play with, and give you a sneak peek of, a new Simon Says Stamp stamp set. This set, Friendly Flowers, is part of the upcoming "This is the Life" release available from 11th July. Perfectly pretty solid stamps, including one seriously sweet polka dot strip. I'm a happy stamper!


tips and tricks
  •  I decided to turn my flower by colouring the centre black and adding black dots with a black Promarker. So easy! 
  • The flower and leaves were inked up with Distress Inks and then spritized with water before stamping onto cardstock. I then added more detail to them using a darker shade of Distress Ink with my paintbrush and water. I then added extra details with my Promarkers once the ink had dried.
  • Have you spotted it yet? Yup, Glossy Accents make an appearance again and add so much shine to the centre of my poppy. I can't resist a good glooping of the stuff!
I mean just look at that gloopy, Glossy Accents goodness. Irresistible, no? :)

Hi Lovely Close Up2
I hope you can join in the studying fun with us! Be sure to check out the full deets of the challenge over at CASE Study HQ along with the rest of the design team's, including our guesties Amy T and Tenia Nelson, fabulous creations!

Must dash. This sunshine isn't going to stick around forever!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Signature2

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh this is lovely with the embossing paste! Love working with you again:)

Wida said...

Your photos just reach out and grab me! Sweet card, especially the black center with the glossy accents

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Lesley Croghan said...

Beautiful! Love the texture and the bold, colourful bloom!

Liz McGuire, said...

Hiya, thought I would have a nosey at your blog, and boy, am I glad everything is so gorgeous. Have become a follower - don't want to miss anything!

Liz x

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I am also part of the Amazon and Cricut affiliate programs.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2014 to Amy Wanford unless stated otherwise.